Aging Mastery Program
One of our partners, the Mid-America Regional Council (MARC), along with the Liberty Community Center is offering an Aging Mastery Program Workshop for Caregivers starting January 23, 2023.
The Aging Mastery Program (AMP) encourages mastery — developing behaviors across many dimensions that will lead to improved health, stronger financial security and overall
well-being. Program highlights include:
- Caregiver Perspectives: Assessing Our Needs
- Navigating Longer Lives: The Basics of Aging Mastery — Introduction to the program
- Exercise and You — The importance of exercising both the mind and the body.
- Sleep — Simple strategies to improve sleep.
- Healthy Eating and Hydration — Review of nutrition as it relates to aging.
- Financial Fitness — How to remain economically secure in an era of longevity.
- Advance Planning — Make decisions while maintaining personal values.
- Healthy Relationships — The benefits of being socially active.
- Medication Management — How to take and keep track of medications.
- Falls Prevention — Strategies to prevent falling.
- Community Engagement — The value of continuing involvement.
- Caregiver Playbook: Planning, Connecting, and Doing
Jan. 23 – Apr. 3, 2023 (Skipping the week of February 20th for Presidents’ Day)
Mondays from 12:30 – 2 p.m.
Liberty Community Center :
1600 S. Withers Road
Liberty, MO 64068
Free (registration required)