Steps to Healthier Living with Chronic Disease
In partnership with the Kansas City Regional Arthritis Center at Saint Luke’s Hospital, the Steps to Healthier Living with Chronic Disease Self-Management Program is being offered virtually. The program was developed at Stanford University.
The program is highly participatory. Mutual support and success builds participants’ confidence in their ability to manage their health and to achieve or maintain active and fulfilling lives.
Are you living with a chronic condition or on-going health problem?
Do you care about or for someone who is?
Learn how to take control when you learn:
- Techniques to deal with problems such as frustration, fatigue, pain and isolation
- Appropriate physical activity for maintaining and improving strength and endurance
- Falls prevention
- Healthy eating
- Better breathing techniques
- Appropriate use of medication
- Working more effectively with health care providers
- Communicating with friends and family
- Communicating with oneself
- Communicating with the health care system
- Action-planning, problem-solving, decision-making
The virtual workshops meet virtually once a week for two to two and one-half hours, for 7 weeks from the convenience of your home.
Materials participants receive are the Chronic Pain Workbook, “Living a Healthy Life with Chronic Conditions,” book, and Moving Easy CD.
Spouses, caregivers, etc. are welcome too.
This is a 6 week Class which meets on Wednesdays
Session Zero is November 2, 2022 to detail the class format followed by the 6 week class starting November 9th
November 2, 2022 – December 14, 2022
9 AM to 11:30 AM