Breast Lunch and Learn: Pathology 101
EDUCATION FOR CILNICAL STAFF ONLY
- Demonstrate an understanding of anatomic pathology
- Describe the role of pathologist assistants in an anatomic pathology laboratory
- Gain familiarity with process of gross examination of tissue and selection of tissue for microscopic examination
- Improve knowledge of basic histology of breast tissue
- Explain differences in basic neoplastic and non-neoplastic breast histology, to include:
- Fibrocystic changes
- Fibroepithelial neoplasms
- Lobular neoplasia
- Invasive and in-situ carcinomas
For more information, contact Heather Edwards at firstname.lastname@example.org or 816-287-6204.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and Policies of the Missouri State Medical Association through the joint providership of Institute for International Medicine (INMED) and Saint Luke’s Health System. INMED is accredited by the Missouri State Medical Association to provide continuing medical education for physicians. INMED designates this internet live activity for a maximum of one AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of participation in the activity.
Saint Luke’s Health System is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Midwest Multistate Division, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. 1.0 contact hour
Activity approved by ARST for 1 Category A credit.